I can't take any credit for the "don't give them everything at once" method for receiving feedback. I owe it all to Anne (ACDrift) who actually made me do *homework* just as I was about to start posting Faustian to learn how often to post.

The nfic FDK threads for Faustian still leave me in slack-jawed amazement. They took on a life of their own and, while I had a blast responding to the comments and shennanigans that went on in them, they were certainly more due to everyone else debating and teasing and wheedling and just generally having the party that Jojo described.

I don't know how to replicate that. I think a lot of it was just pure dumb luck - the right place, the right story and the right time (ie, summer vacation).

Most of all, though, it was the readers that made those threads what they were. If you have enough outspoken, fun-loving readers replying to a story it can't help but become a party.

party

ETA: I didn't change Faustian in spite of several opinions sent to me both on and off the list regarding plot points. There was a certain sadistic glee inherent in knowing what was going to happen and how upset everyone was going to be. devil

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis