I'm nowhere near icon status, but I'm perfectly okay with that.

However, I would like to offer another possible explanation about the feedback thing.

I tend to stay as far away from WIP fanfic as possible, because, in other fandoms, the WIPs basically took over my life. I was constantly trying to keep up with one writer or another.

So, on the boards, I only read one-shots, or fics that are complete but not posted on the archive.

Occasionally, as in the case with Sue's Faustian Bargain, I will read a WIP, but it has to be a) something I'm really interested in, or b) almost finished, and definitely going to BE finished.

Sometimes, I'll see a WIP that looks interesting, but I'll pass it by because I don't have time to get caught up in a story that will be a long time getting finished. I think to myself, "Hmmm, that looks interesting; I should read it when they're done."

But then, I think that about so MANY fics, I often forget which fics I thought it about.

That may be the case with some of the icons you mentioned, Nancy, I don't know.

Then again, I could just be weird and scatter-brained. :p

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place