Just my opinion -- I like the protection for the nfic forum. I don't write nfic, and my kids are grown, but I have an awfully smart 9-year old grandson, and I have the feeling that my son would be annoyed if he managed to get into the nfic -- especially considering the custody fight going on between my son and his ex.

As to the way the message board is handled, stories separate from the feedback, I remember the way it used to be when the feedback was attached. If you have a dial-up, it can take a huge amount of time for a story with lots of feedback to load, and my time at the computer is a lot more limited than it used to be. I like the system as it is, but that's just my humble opinion.

As a rule, unless I'm in a rush and forget, I try to post a TOC to each part as I go, so that all anyone has to do is go to the TOC to find all the parts. I still haven't figured out how to make it fancy (changing the url link to a word or two) but that's just because I have trouble following written instructions. I have to be *shown*. But my method seems to work, even if it isn't as elegant as some other people's.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.