Other reasons are that it is irksome for those with slower internet access. Others who save story segments to their pcs were also irritated by getting a mass of FDK with it. They wanted to be able to save just the story segment and nothing else. There were other reasons, but I can't recall what they were this far down the road. Their origins are lost in the midsts of Zoomway's boards, which is where the format was set up. We simply carried it over when we set these boards up because it never occurred to us to use anything else than the one we were used to.

In fact, Zoomway began by using the adding FDK to the story segment thread. Then there was a bit of discussion about how many people it annoyed and the format was switched to the current one, which suited the majority better.

I'm afraid that once a week is all that I'm prepared to do on updating the TOCs. I simply don't have the free time to update them every day or every hour, so that they are always immediately up to date. So if you want more regular updates than that, you're going to have to start begging the authors to take the time to set up/update their own TOCs whenever they post a story segment. wink

As far as I'm aware, there's no missing information in the TOC folder. But if you spot anything missing please do email me (or the author). Using the search function is good advice though. It can be very helpful.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'mislabelled' story parts, Arawn. I don't think I've experienced that. One thing that I do find hampers my updating TOCs is FDK threads which have commentary at the start in their headers and the story title second. I usually miss the one I'm looking for several times before I spot it because I don't recognise it and half the time I end up giving up in frustration and having to search for it. Putting the story title first and the commentary second would go a long way to cutting down the time I spend on updating the TOCs!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers