Yes, LabRat, I must agree that your command of English vocabulary is impressive. It's never stopped me from reading any of them, but I can see how it could be a bit of a problem with non-native English speakers. Another person that I think has an unusual command of the language is Tank Wilson.
Really? I have to admit I'm surprised to hear this. I wouldn't have considered my stories to be so very different from the hundreds of others on the Archive! Well, all I can say is I don't consciously attempt to use a different vocabulary! <g> When writing I pretty much use the vocabulary I use in everyday speech and I've never thought that it was particularly out there. Perhaps it's all those years working for solicitors. laugh I do tend to use words like timeously and think it's normal, thanks to them. wink

Besides, I've seen some really great stories not receive so much as a nomination, and they tend to get overlooked. That's why I'm asking for personal recommendations, instead of just sticking to the Kerth lists.
I'd tend to agree with this. I think if you stick to the Kerth lists you miss out on a heck of a lot of terrific fanfic. As I said in another thread, we're victims of our own success at times in this fandom and each year dozens of truly wonderful stories don't even reach the nominations stage simply because of sheer pressure of numbers, rather than any lack of merit. So I think it does us good to look beyond the Kerths now and then.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers