well, lex hasn't responded yet, but i wanted to take a sec to address the people in his employ. i don't know how much you guys read this thread, but hopefully one of you will notice (or someone will show it to you).

i just wanted to point some things out to you.

your boss is working out of a bunker underneath a train station because, by his own admission, that's the best he can do for himself these days. he mentioned that he has a desk and an archair and that he had rats for company, but neglected to mention you in any way. he's also working against superman, who will not be pleased to see what has happened to lois lane. i'm sure you know how big blue gets about people who put lois in danger.

so, you're not as important to him as his chair, and he respects the intelligence and conversational capabilities of rats more than he does yours. he trusts some kid he found on the streets more than any of you. he probably can't pay you, whatever he's been promising. he thinks nothing of killing one of you for no greater crime than making a few childish remarks in his name. his behavior, as far as i can tell, has been, shall we say, erratic. at some point, probably sooner rather than later, he's going to face off against superman, who, to put it mildly, will not be pleased.

are you sure you want to be working for this guy?

if i were you, i'd quit. now. just pick up and leave. cut my losses before things get worse. for good measure, i'd take lois with me and hope that bringing her to safety and freedom will put me back in superman's favor. much better than having to face him sometime down the road, knowing you've kept lois from him and just hoping he's not still upset about that.

think about it.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.