hello again, mr luthor. i'm writing this time because i was wondering if you could clear something up for me...

how many people are down there? is it just you?

I, who was once the greatest and most powerful man in Metropolis, am now reduced to nothing. Forced to live in a tiny, stinking bunker underneath the Metropolitan Train Station, living on air, with only the rats for company. There, I have carved a home from myself - I have no needs save a desk, an armchair, and a laptop with Internet connections.
is it just you and lois?

This woman is a reporter - her job is to sniff out the news, peer beyond the façade of everyday living, peel back the smooth, untainted skin to expose the ugliness beneath - whatever makes you think that she would be blinded as easily as the common woman? Why, even now, she works diligently by my side, aiding and abetting me with my extensive research into Superman's past...
is it just you, lois, and jack?

Rest assured that I do not leave my love on her own for prolonged periods of time, and when certain... business... has to be conducted above ground, a mutual friend of ours happily agrees to keep her company, with a large and scary-looking gun in case one of the rats turn vicious. ... His name is Jack - just Jack.
or is it you, lois, jack, and a bunch of (usually) faithful minions (who would, i'd have thought, have counted at least as much as a desk or an armchair...)?

Unfortunately, my last session responding to some people's post was rather hurried, and at the end of it, I'm afraid that I made the mistake of neglecting to 'log out' as it were, and consequently... this One of my...minons, for want of a better word, decided that it might be amusing to post as myself, deriding the impostor and 'Kaethel' [rather childishly, if I may say so] and neglecting to mention the fact that I was not the one making such derogatory statements. He has been...disposed of, and I imagine that I shall not make such an err in judgement again. Thankfully, Jack is much more trustworthy, and keeps my counsel loyally.
so, can you clear that up for me? i'll even be nice and not ask how many of your minions have real, tangible bodies.

lois, i'm still not sure what we can do for you from here, but, as long as you can grab a few minutes or so with a laptop that has internet access, why don't you email clark?
Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.