For those of you who don't know me, my name is Lex Luthor. You may be familiar with my past, my life to date - I, who was once the greatest and most powerful man in Metropolis, am now reduced to nothing. Forced to live in a tiny, stinking bunker underneath the Metropolitan Train Station, living on air, with only the rats for company. There, I have carved a home from myself - I have no needs save a desk, an armchair, and a laptop with Internet connections.

Forced there by a certain boy-in-blue.

You may be wondering how I, being from another universe (yes, I know about alternate universes, soul-tracking, and all of that mediocrity - no need to go into lengthy explanations) am able to access your computer data. An admirable fellow it was who made it possible - a Mr. Tempus, who most obligingly opened a 'time-window' of sorts [unfortunately this excellent man had a rather unfortunate accident soon after when he ran into a bullet - but the less said about that the better] which, though unable to take a human life force, was made a regular treat with the help of my illegitimate son, Jaxon Xavier's extensive computer programming. Though I am unable to visit your interesting universe, I nonetheless have the access to every single tidbit of information available to all of you people, and so am able to retrieve the information stored on both this website and it's apparent base - the 'archive', otherwise known as lcficmbs.com

I must say, you people have dissatisfied me. Disappointingly, you seem to share the abysmal notion that taints my world - the idea that this 'Superman', the alien, the interloper, the manipulator, the dictator, who hides behind a theatrical mask of cloying ethics and standards, is a decent, moral, high-standing, honorable, and just a 'darn nice guy.'

This theory, my friends, is ludicrous. He is nothing - nothing but a control freak in a tight Spandex suit, flying around doing good, while all the time laughing up his sleeve at the uneducated masses who worship him so blindly. Can't you see what he has been doing? He has turned the people of my world against me - me, the charity-donor, the great philanthropist, the person who has done so much good for my city, who has founded so many great institutions - schools, hospitals, shelters for the homeless, colleges for the arts - and now he is striving to do the same to you. Why, he even has you writing about what a great person he is - how noble, how charitable, how great. Is this not a case of brainwashing? Has he not manipulated your minds? Is he not in control of your lives?

The accumulated evidence of this has frightened, saddened and shocked me deeply. These so called 'fanfics' that are written solely for the advancement of his power, are woefully distorted. In almost every single one of them - and I have read quite a few, during my isolation - I am portrayed as the villain of the scene - as grasping, cruel, and evil as Hades himself - while Superman is Zeus, adored and adulated by all.

And by his side - and it wounds me deeply to say this - is his very own Hera - *my* Aphrodite, my love, my one-time fiancée - Lois Lane. You have all insulted her intelligence, cruelly mocked and taunted her, tortured her by assuming that she would be as easily influenced by this monster as the common rabble. This woman is a reporter - her job is to sniff out the news, peer beyond the façade of everyday living, peel back the smooth, untainted skin to expose the ugliness beneath - whatever makes you think that she would be blinded as easily as the common woman? Why, even now, she works diligently by my side, aiding and abetting me with my extensive research into Superman's past, providing me with nuggets of information so gleaming, so priceless, that we are this close - this close to finding the one thing, the one chink in his armor that can bring him down forever.

Those of you who are familiar with this person undoubtedly know what I mean. Kryptonite. It has been found - it can be found again. Lois works tirelessly by my side, forgoing any other human contact down here in my lonely lair, never moving from the place I sat her in when I brought her here - never stirring from her chair, and amusing me with her witty comments. She is my water, my light, my energy - she keeps me going - she is the reason why I am able to carry on in the search for the one material that will bring about the demise of this fiend.

But I fear, for you people at least, that it is already too late. In fact, there is but two people I can see whom the alien has apparently not affected - a Mr. Wilson, and a woman known only as Elena. I have read your excellent 'Lex Wins', Mr. Wilson, and I must say that it came as a breath of fresh air after the stinking, syrupy stories that have been written by more than a few. Unfortunately, two others - Ms. Richards and a 'Kaethel' - beat you down, but you have fought bravely, and I am well pleased. With my beloved's help and some time, I will perhaps eventually endeavor to modify the time window - once this has been altered enough to allow transference of the body to another dimension, perhaps you and the excellent Elena would venture on a visit? I see a starry future for us - perhaps even a brand new Nigel, Mr. Wilson. I regret to say that nobody will ever replace Mrs. Cox in my eyes, but I'm sure Elena would do her best.

With my beloved by my side, I have the small, struggling, yet ever-present hope that someday, somehow, I will succeed in the adaptation of the time window, the acquirement of Kryptonite, and, probably the most important factor, the very reason why I have made my existence known to you - the contemporaneous opening of the eyes of the general public to the pure evil that exists in Superman's soul. I suspect Lois has already begun to see the light - she's not ranting about him half so much these days. I expect it has to do with the fact that she has been so busy, so consumed by her work with me that she hasn't seen the sun for quite some time.

When all of this has been achieved, there will be a brighter day for all of us - a day when Superman is shunned universally from our world, a day when I may make my re-appearance as Lex Luthor, great humanitarian, richest man in Metropolis, and friend to the little people.

I hope and pray that this day will advance upon us speedily.

~Lex.

Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.