I continue to be troubled and shocked at the sheer en bloc effect that the alien has had on your lives. Mine is a difficult task - to proclaim my innocence, even in the face of adversary, to continue to shout as the lone voice in the crowd, proclaiming the degeneracy of this so-called 'superhero', to sit here at my faithful laptop, growing more and more distressed at the condition of His dedicated zealots, fighting for a lost cause... sad, my friends. It is sad.

The one bright spark in this wild wilderness of people crying out to be helped is you, Elena. I continued to be gladdened by your relentless resistance of His influence - hope. It gives me hope. Also, I do hope that my mention of your husband's late counterpart did not distress you overmuch - rest assured that if he had possessed a wife, especially as one as venerable and inspiring as you, I would know about it - so there is no chance we're talking about the same man.

Anna, your post alarms me. Yet another example of His working - you admit that I, the innocent in all of this, am portrayed as a not nice, ungenerous etc. man. You admit that you are reluctant to take me seriously and question the integrity of my Ms. Lane. Especially, I find the 'tapes' you mention disquieting - I am sure that you are familiar with the practice of subliminal messages, and the sort of destruction they can cause. I can only hope that Superman has not gone as far as actually attempting to brainwash the general public... though from your post, I fear that this has already come to pass.

Nqoire, I don't think you appreciate just how harrowing a situation I am in. Lack of masculine contact, lack of sun, and a constant state of hopeless despair take their toll, you know. Geniuses like I cannot be held to the petty trivialities you people seem to value. I have a greater cause in life - one that is not affected by how I spell Ilusions. Illusions. Whatever.

Paul, your attitude saddens me deeply. I feel so sorry for all of you - blinded by Superman's false, artificial light as you are, you have not been allow to grow a separate identity, and flourish in the normal way. How frustrating it must be for all of you.

Consequently, it is my sad duty to inform you that the reference to Superman as the 'Zeus' of this world. Zeus was a lecher - an unfaithful, domineering, callous dictator, who killed his own father for no reason other than jealousy and ambition. This, I repeat, is a true and just parallel to the 'superhero' who has taken over your lives so rapidly. Like Zeus, Superman uses his power primarily to suit his own urges - selectivity about just who he can 'snatch from the jaws of death' being one. I am a prime example of that - like Prometheus, who Zeus cast from Olympus because of his favouritism towards humans (in this case, Prometheus had given us the gift of Fire, which Zeus had forbidden him to do) I, with my kindness towards mortals, with my building of homeless shelters, hospitals and schools, seem to have inspired a fiend more powerful than Superman - the green-eyed monster. As I plummeted to the ground, forced to jump rather than subjecting myself to a life filled with people getting the wrong impression of me by the evil Inspector Henderson, Superman simply chose not to save me.

If this does not prove his hidden motives, I do not know what will.

Furthermore, your point about Zeus' empire is politically correct - this, I hope, will come to pass in a few months, when I succeed in my relentless task, and Superman will become a thing of the past, a 'quaint old legend' a 'character to consider when idly discussing culture or philosophy' - when you people have finally accepted the fact that you have been tricked, fooled, conned, blinkered into thinking Superman is above reprimand.

Your point about the collapse of 'that train station' is both upsetting and incorrect. There has not been a catastrophe of that kind in living memory - nor is there any chance of that happening. Modern architecture being what it is, the probabilities are nil.

Unhappily, I must point out that your portrayal of Thor, though technically correct, is aimed at the wrong person. Yet another evidential of Superman's complete and utter indoctrination of the minds of the general assembly, you draw entirely the wrong parallels. A far better demonstrator of Thor's innate courage and strength, the thing that led him to fight in the face of incredible opposition, because it was the right thing to do, is - well - me. I couldn't have put it better myself, Paul - it is the exact thing I am striving to do, the exact wording I needed to explain the purpose of this 'thread'.

In response to your questions:

What am I doing here? I have come as the sole upholder of all that is good and true, the only person who can see past the mask, the façade that Superman has erected, the only one who can hope of seeing his demise. I seek not money, nor praise, nor worship - all I ask for is respect, and to be taken seriously. I realize that this is asking quite a bit - with co-operation, I'm sure I will win through, and you will end up thanking me for saving not only your lives, but the lives of your children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

Your point about a 'Kryptonite cage' is nonsensical - a darn good idea, but nonsensical nonetheless. There is not a shred of proof to back this up - in fact, at the time you allege this happened, I was on my way to marry my love, Lois Lane. You have no evidence, no corroboration - in short, you have nothing but lies - lies and innuendo. Kindly desist of doing this again; it is vaguely upsetting and will corrupt even further the minds of the readers.

As for me trying to 'kill myself' - I refer back to an earlier point. Forced to the breaking point by the fiendish Inspector Henderson, framed, set up, blamed of the most heinous crimes against humanity that I can think of, and all for nothing. Goaded to the point when my only option was to attempt to take my own life, Superman decided not to save me, and if it weren't for a faithful scientist of mine, I would still be dead today.

As for my fiancée 'rejecting me at the altar' - she, no less than everybody else, has been influenced by the alien. Considerably better now, she is slowly but surely coming around to my way of thinking, but back in those days, I was not aware of how much of her was brainwashed by him. She is significantly more sensible now, and, were she given the choice, I am sure that she would not let her attention be wavered again.

As for your last statement, Paul, I continue to be amazed at the level of hatred bred into you by Him. I have not asked for pity, I have not asked for friends, and I have not asked to be liked. Did people like Christopher Columbus when he first started out on his 'journey to the New World'? No, they did not - of course, this was the time when everybody knew that the world was flat. He was branded a lunatic, and only with a lot of encouragement did he gain the financial backing - not from his native Portuguese, but from the Spaniards - on the strength of which he was able to build his ships and hire his sailors.

I strongly doubt you will meet anybody today who doubts the sanity of Christopher Columbus.

Thank you for your welcome, Karen. I have at my disposal several teams of staunch followers, who have stuck by me loyally, and who are at this moment recovering every piece of information about the 'rock' that was found on a farm in Smallville, Kansas, both by a Mr. Wayne Irig and a Mr. Gene Newtrich. I have every confidence that in time, steps can be taken to discover more of the rock - when I find it, I will use it, and the world will become the happy place it once was.

And your statement that 'Superman' is a fictional character - is he? Is he really? I strongly doubt it. After all, you people seem to have at your fingertips a minefield of knowledge about him, his life and the lives of the people connected to him. How, so, can you claim that he is fictional? Somebody had to make those 'tapes' that Anna spoke of earlier - furthermore, from references made in some people's ranting essays about the so-called Man of Steel, I can gather that not only his spiritual, but also his physical appearance is well known. You say he has dark hair, a muscular physique, and 'chocolate eyes'. This matches perfectly with the Superman of my world. How, then, can you claim his non-existance?

As for your point about my beloved - well, this bunker is quite large, and dangerous besides, what with the electrical surges that can happen when a particularly large train rattles by overhead. Certain... restraints have to be made so that she doesn't wander off and hurt herself. If she would simply stay in the one place, I could of course allow her bonds to be broken - but she has curled her lip at this option more times that I care to mention, and so I must take steps to keep her safe.

The world out there looks a bleak one. I am counting on a few other people like Elena to pop up out of the woodwork and restore my faith in humanity - I am especially looking forward to hearing from you, Mr. Wilson.

~Lex.

Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.