Finally able to do some catchup on the pc today. smile1

I will email you soon to request the archive name change (what's your email?).

dklabrat@gmail.com. Or you can private message me here on the boards if you need help with anything. thumbsup

Your stuff is great. I really enjoy it. It's some of the best written work I've ever read.

Thank you! blush For an old, 'hasbeen' author who hasn't written for so long, it's a real treat to hear that, every now and then. smile

Why is it all so long though?

LOL. Yes, it's been pointed out before. <G> I recall, when I decided halfway through Caped Fear that it was going wrong and I needed to start again, getting severely castigated for decimating rainforests by those waiting for the conclusion. laugh (That was back when I used to print out a hard copy of what I'd written the previous evening so I could edit it during my lunchbreak at work. Oh, the deprivations of the author back in my youth. <g>) )

I can only suggest that it's because I cut my teeth on the tentative vignettes of my fanfic trade previously in many other fandoms, before finding this one. By the time I got here, I'd completed my 'apprenticeship' with the likes of Star Trek, Robin of Sherwood and The Young Riders and was ready for the big stuff. wink

What's your favorite episode?

You know, I thought about this question long and hard and I don't know that I can really say! I seem to spend a lot of time during end credits thinking, "Well, that was the best episode they've ever done!" only for them to surpass themselves and do even better with the next episode. lol

But, if pushed, I'll confess to really enjoying The Sign of the Three. Simply for it's being a long, sentimental love letter to John and Sherlock's friendship. And I did like A Scandal in Belgravia, for its introduction of Irene Adler.

As regards L&C's 5th season cuidadora has most of the details right. Deborah Joy Levine was sacked at the end of season one, along with other major cast. And Disney did green light the season, but then reneged on the deal as they wanted one of their own shows in the time slot and after they'd seen the poor ratings for S4.

Although, some fans think that may have been a blessing in disguise, given what Tim Minear stated were his S5 plans. <g> The baby was to have grown at a rapid rate to become a rebellious teen and much hijinks would ensue as an exasperated Lois and Clark dealt with the fallout of his running around using his powers irresponsibly. I can't remember what other plans were - although I think one episode would have dealt with Lois and Clark first meeting as teenagers.

Alert viewers will note that Minear used the same plotline in Angel, when he went on to write for that show. It so irked me at the time that I stopped watching. Although, to be fair, when I did watch it many years later, it didn't seem as egregious then as it had previously. Sometimes, time mellows. <G>

I'll miss this thread. It's been a real pleasure to share your views, Suggs. Hopefully, you'll find new subjects to entertain us with, here on the boards in the future. <g> smile

Last edited by LabRat; 12/12/15 08:25 AM.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers