1.21 The House Of Luthor.

A good episode. Pretty much perfect, except that it seemed weird to me that Lex had done such a good job of covering everything else up, and then he messed up with covering up his causing the downfall of the Planet. Seems odd to me, but what do I know?

It just seemed rushed to me. Like they were trying to cram in a story that could have been done more justice if we'd seen it a little bit more over the season (gathering evidence of Luthor's wrongdoings and criminal activity) into one episode.

Fortunately, the acting of the main cast was impressive enough to distract from the rushed story, and in particular Teri Hatcher was absolutely amazing in this episode. I also liked the symbolism of Lex starting the episode on top of the world (flying in VR) and ending it falling from grace (to his death). Many people see Superman as a Jesus figure (when in fact he was intended by his creators as a Moses figure) this reminded me of Satan falling from Heaven, which I find it weird that I would think of that, because I'm an Atheist.

Also I HATE that Lois didn't speak first at the end!!! Any fanfics where she did?

8/10 for this episode. I guess if paired with it's first part, which it should be, then the overall story gets 10/10.

Review of the Season as a whole coming up in the next post.