4.22 The Family Hour.

This was a good episode, but a disappointing finale. The actors playing Lois’ parents did a very good job here, and it was nice to see them get along instead of giving everyone Sam & Ellen Poisoning. The villain was basically a weird Brainiac Wannabe. Who has over 90% of their brain working and then can’t come up with a better scheme than robbing banks? Very strange.

As always, I enjoyed the acting of Dean, Teri, Justin and the actors playing the Kents. It was odd that Perry was absent from this one, though I assume he was spending some much built up vacation time with Alice. This episode was well directed, and well written, though I would have thought the writers would throw in a scene showing Martha and Jonathon’s reaction to the sad news of Lois & Clark being unable to conceive, something to which they could relate. I guess the baby showing up at the end is kind of a full circle thing for them, as it reflects back to Clark arriving from the stars. Speaking of the baby, that was an odd ending.

I can only assume the original plan was to make a Season 5, and that something went wrong somewhere. But right now, I’m just here to judge this episode, not the series as a whole. That comes later. This episode gets a score of:

8/10.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 12/11/15 01:56 AM.