Lois & Clark: Overall Review & General Thoughts.

Best Story: The Phoenix.

Worst Story: Ghosts.

Best Season: 2.

Worst Season: 4.

This show is fantastic. Absolutely brilliant. It starts off with a great first season that when you think about it, is kind of a proto-Buffy type thing what with the balancing of superhero life and normal life and the Big Bad of the season (Lex Luthor). It then goes on to an even better second season with a brilliant new enemy (Intergang) which works brilliantly, and then moves into a third season with lots of great episodes, before The Arc Of Crappiness descends upon us, which puts a downer on the end of season 3. After that is the merely not great fourth season finishes things on a slightly sour note due to the quality being a lot worse than before (damn Ghosts).

The great thing about the show in my mind is how it combines action, romance, and adventure. It has something for most people. It does have good and bad episodes in all seasons, but overall it is a great show, both in terms of the characters of the Superman mythos, and also television in general. The main cast are nearly always on top form, the writing and direction are good the majority of the time, so no complaints there.

Whilst I don’t think the quality of the fourth season was as bad as it is made out to be, I did think the show needed some new creative blood by the end, or definitely some sort of help. It is very sad that it ended when it did, because it was just getting to the interesting part: Superman after the point where he’s been stuck for decades (thanks for that DC, by the way). We always see him at about 30 odd years old, nothing ever changes. Now this show was about to move things forward, and that’s when it gets cancelled? What idiot made that decision? Season 5 could have been great, and ended the show on a high note, or it could have been shit. Who knows? Anyway, this show deserves to hold its head up high, it really was great, despite some terrible villains, though there are some exceptions. Lex and Tempus spring to mind. They were great.

No other filmed version of Superman has ever handled the relationship of Lois & Clark quite so well. It even has the best fandom I’ve ever known, and I’m proud to a part of it, it feels like a strange kind of family, always welcoming, and are always friendly. Hell, even the fanfic is almost universally awesome!! The only problems I have with the show are episodes like Ghosts and that IT ENDED ON A DAMN CLIFFHANGER!!!

Score for the complete show: 8/10. It loses a points for the bad episodes, such as Ghosts. Did I mention I don’t like that episode? Also, I’d just like to say one more time that Tempus Anyone? is awesome!!!

It’s been great fun watching this show, and sharing my thoughts with all of you. I’ve made some good friends here, and that’s great. I will definitely be staying on the forum, and staying in touch. As for this watchthrough and review, what can I say? I’m sad it’s over, and I hope you’ve all enjoyed it as much as I have.

I don’t really know how to end this to be honest, so I looked up quotes from the show and this one seemed the most appropriate for an ending. In the words of Lane Smith as Perry White: “Yeah, well, just remember there's no perfect sunsets. There's a little crack in every cloud, but that's what gives you your silver lining.”

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 12/11/15 01:57 AM.