Originally Posted by VirginiaR
S9, E 17 - "Upgrade" - John Corban is back! dance Clark proves he's still a hypocritical male and a lunkhead, by not trusting Lois (for keeping secrets from him - really?) and not listening to Chloe when she says "stop stalking Lois!" Clearly, Mr. Kent didn't listen, and what happened? He got himself dosed with Red K. Instead of going all kinky like last time, it made him all buddy-buddy with Zod. Chloe really needs to put a leash on that man. (The Blur, not Clark.)
The way you put this is hilarious! rotflol

It seems a little dose of green K still removes the red K from Clark's system. Only now, Zod knows about the green K and the ice fortress with the Kryptonian library in it. The only good that came from super stalker Clark following Lois was that he learned that Zod was now super powered.
No kidding! I wish that Clark and Lois had crossed paths in this episode while he was on red K... that would have been very interesting...and perhaps a little wicked. angel-devil
I'm not quite sure what the whole "let's make it snow in Seattle" scene was about. It sounded more like they had air to fill and a free special FX guy handy. Plot wise it made no sense.
This is as good an explanation as any. I've tried to come up with a reason as well... the best I've managed -- and it's still weak -- is that red K Clark is 'mischief' Clark. And maybe as 'bad' as Clark can go is playing with the weather? huh

so I'm guessing that Chloe helped her out and just knocked her out so Tess wouldn't hurt her, because those two are like oil and vinegar. (That's not the right saying, is it? Darn idioms! Foil me again!)
I think that idiom works -- cause oil and vinegar can't mix... but if you think about it, they actually are more alike than not. Both Tess and Chloe have their secrets, and both have gone to some lengths to protect them. Chloe hasn't always acted 100% on the right side -- and we all know what Tess has been like.

I have to say, again, I really do like having Brian Austin Green at Metallo much better than the LnC version. He brings so much more to the character. Then, again, the LnC version was written as someone big and stupid. The Smallville version wasn't.
Yes, I like him too. My favorite line, and just the way he delivers it: "You're a real dame... Lois Lane." thumbsup
The whole scene between John and Lois at the end, where he asks her to run away with him, felt like echos of the Chloe and Davis scenes from a season previously, mixed a little bit with EVERYONE falls for Lois theme (which got a little old) in LnC. I'm glad she set him straight, but I'm sorry he ended up with a broken heart.
Never made the Chloe/Davis connection to Lois and John, but I guess you're right. Though I would say things were much more on the up and up -- well, despite Lois stealing the red K heart for him whistle -- than anything with Chloe and Davis.

I believe if they had built up the John Corban character as an experienced reporter at the Daily Planet opposite Clark as the newbee reporter with both of them vying romantically for Lois, S8 would have had a much better vibe to it
I smell fanfic...

than this whole "Zod wants to take over the world" A-Plot, which I have to say is pretty yawnsville.
I find it at least better than the Season 8 Doomsday plot, which was really yucky, just all the way around. And he killed Jimmy! wallbash I think by the end of this Season, you'll appreciate Zod's role a bit more.

I sure hope Smallville does better with it's A-plots in S10.
In some ways it does -- and in some ways not.

Can't wait for you to review the next one, Charade!! One of my favorites!! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink