Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
Maybe it was because Smallville's main audience were teenagers. So, they were not too worried about logic, continuation and plot holes. We can see it by Smallville fanfic. It's too hard to find good Smallville fanfic. I've searched for good fics about season 8 and forward, but it's almost non existent. Most is bad written, lacks deepness and plot, and a big part was never finished. frown It leads to conclude that the audience were not too intense in details, consistence, logic, characterization and new ideas. Come on, everything was consequence of Kryptonite.

Exactly. I was SO disappointed when I first started wanting to read Smallville fanfic -- and why I started writing my own. I have come across a few good fics, but they are way too few and far between... We are very spoiled on these boards. wink

But I think you hit the nail on the head -- the audience tended to be younger...and that is probably why the writers could get away with inconsistencies. Sometimes, though, I wish the actors would have tried to fix them... the one that always irks me is Lois has a line at the beginning of Stiletto about Green Arrow being hard to pin down identity-wise, and she had known who he was since Season 7! Really? Erica didn't catch that and try to get them to change it?

And Kryptonite was seriously the cause of everything -- and made for convenient Deus ex machina plots.

*sigh* But what makes Smallville worth watching is the Clois. There are some AMAZING scenes and dialogue that get me every time. When it's done well, it's great.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink