Originally Posted by IolantheAlias
hey, flying scenes are expensive. wink
Was this the real reason? Virginia, don't look below!

Isn't CGI (like in the finale) more expensive than LnC style ropes and green screen? And was the reason for the CGI to essentially keep Tom out of the Suit for the whole series? I can't imagine that it actually saved money -- and by Season 10, I don't think they needed to. I read that Tom's Blur jacket (the dark leather one, with the crest) cost like $5,000. Maybe keeping Tom out of the Suit was done on principle?(Fun Fact: the Suit shown in Season 10 was borrowed from Superman Returns. Maybe Tom Welling just didn't fit into it?)
I also thought I read somewhere that the first four seasons or so, were decidedly 'anti-Superman' with no tights/no flights (and no Clois!). Then I think the writers changed around season 6, I want to say, and that is when they smashed the ink bottle at the end of episodes, with the names of the old writers on them -- or something like that. Can anyone confirm? As I recall, Season 6 had some good Clois, and of course, the romance didn't start till season 8. Was all this related or did the writing just work out that way?

Last edited by mozartmaid; 05/08/14 02:48 PM.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink