Wow!

I've always been impressed by the depth and variety of experience on this board, but now I'm blown away. I hope things are looking up for all of you (especially Lynn, Terry, cuidadora, and Morgana). I'm glad to see that most of the people who've posted in this thread are still here. Heck, I'm glad the boards are still here. smile

I drifted away for several reasons: post-election blahs, RL encroachment on my "free" time, and, yeah, because it depressed the ever-lovin' muse right out of me to see hundreds of hits on a post with only a handful of FDK left. For example, part 2 of my current WIP has 2384 hits and 12 comments. I mean, come on! So I stepped away, tried to regroup, and things got worse. I've spent the past eight months unsure every day whether I'd still have a job the next day. It wears you down. Things at work have settled, as management puts it, "for the foreseeable future" (which is really no comfort at all).

But I digress.

What I really wanted to share is that these boards have always been a great place to hang out/escape reality with FoLCs who don't think I'm insane because I'm writing fanfic about a show that's been off-air for 20 years. I've appreciated the camaraderie and the way everyone is supportive of each other. I'm always blown away by the sheer volume of talent and creativity on display here. I've literally laughed and cried with you guys. I've been given praise, encouragement, gently worded critiques, and harsh criticism. As long as it's constructive, I welcome the feedback (but, man, do I prefer the gently-worded over the harsh!).

I never forgot this board, you guys, or the fact that I'd promised to finish the WIPs I started. I want to add my plea to that of the other authors who've encouraged lurkers to leave FDK. I tell myself stories in my head constantly. Investing the time and effort to plot them, type them out, polish them, etc. takes me hours and hours and hours. A few minutes spent leaving FDK probably isn't a fair trade for that much hard work, but it's a trade I'm willing (even eager) to make.

<sigh> Truly, it is good to be back in my happy place. hyper

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis