Originally Posted by Morgana
Many writers have abandoned their stories because of little or no feedback. People do not continue writing if the audience is silent. Many writers put in hours of research and editing to present a story that FoLCs would love to read.

It's hard to keep the muse going when you're not getting much FDK. I've been STRUGGLING to get through Ghost From the Past. WTA and WCCCD were 3x the size of this one and it wasn't nearly as hard because the boards were more active with FDK.

Originally Posted by Morgana
Those are just two of my theories. But to all of you who are reading my words, it would be amazing if occasionally a line or two about the story was dropped into the FDK folder. As someone once said, 'comments equal love'.

^WSS

Originally Posted by cuidadora
Funny list folc4evernaday! laugh

RL has been my issue.

My county was hit hard by Hurricane Matthew in October. The area was like a war zone, big trees damaging power lines and buildings. Immediately after the storm, people were walking around in shock. The ground was saturated from previous rains, and the winds and rain from the hurricane brought a lot of trees down.

Everything was closed: stores including groceries & Wal-Mart for several days, schools for 2 weeks, no electricity, phone or cell phones for 5 days, no Internet for 8, and even I-95 was closed. No fast food either, as the power loss meant they and the grocery stores had to get new supplies in for both fresh and frozen foods. I spent most of the week eating canned foods that I heated on my camp stove.

Part of my roof's shingles blew off, and I'm still finding shingles in my trees. It was a month until the main road to the nearest town was repaired. There were over 50,000 workers in the area restoring services. Even my insurance adjuster traveled from Texas to South Carolina.

With all that, I haven't felt much like reading stories that are filled with angst, so I haven't commented as much as usual.

Another issue is, where are the writers? There are quite a few stories that are incomplete, and have been for weeks or months. My incentive to comment goes down when a story seems abandoned. I must admit that two of my stories I thought were complete when I posted, needed additional chapters so I've been there.

That's awful cuidadora! I'm so sorry! Hope RL turns around soon. We've had crazy weather this past year. Hot one minute and freezing the next. What is up with that?

I've been trying to keep my posts at a weekly basis with both my current stories but sometimes RL just takes over. :P

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube