Hey jackiek, dcarson, Lynn, Virginia, Laura, and everyone else that has taken the survey,

I think the biggest 'issue' everyone was noticing was how.....DEAD (is that the right word?) the boards had been lately. No new posts. No videos. No off topic. No challenges. No discussion. No nothing. We were just trying to pinpoint what it was that caused the sudden lull across the boards. We have our quiet spurts every now and then but it was on the whole board for almost a week.

I know we all have crazy RL issues going on and it's hard to make the time for ourselves. Maybe if we just try to make a conscious effort to try to reach out once a week? Even if it's just to say "Hey how are you doing?" in the Off Topic forum haha

Commenting on stories or works doesn't have to be a grand gesture. It can be as simple as "Hey I'll have to check this out when I have time looks good." or "I have a question about what you're doing here..."

There have been comments so far that indicate there isn't commenting because the individual feels uncomfortable or shy about posting because they don't know the author.

Our response for this?

Introduce yourself! Get to know the other fans. It doesn't even have to be a public comment you make or response. Send a PM. You can have up to 200 different conversations going on wink or you can email the author if you'd rather send comments like that. This is a Great Community to be a part of and if you're only connecting with people you know you're robbing yourself and others of that experience.

For new authors: I know it's disconcerting to post stories and not get FDK or intimidating to post something you worked hard on and wonder...Is it good enough? It's scary. If you're unsure try reading through other stories and offering comments. Introduce yourself to other members before you dive in on posting...or you can dive both feet in and watch the views come in. smile

~~~

Results of the survey with summaries will be posted at the end of the week.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube