Funny list folc4evernaday! laugh

RL has been my issue.

My county was hit hard by Hurricane Matthew in October. The area was like a war zone, big trees damaging power lines and buildings. Immediately after the storm, people were walking around in shock. The ground was saturated from previous rains, and the winds and rain from the hurricane brought a lot of trees down.

Everything was closed: stores including groceries & Wal-Mart for several days, schools for 2 weeks, no electricity, phone or cell phones for 5 days, no Internet for 8, and even I-95 was closed. No fast food either, as the power loss meant they and the grocery stores had to get new supplies in for both fresh and frozen foods. I spent most of the week eating canned foods that I heated on my camp stove.

Part of my roof's shingles blew off, and I'm still finding shingles in my trees. It was a month until the main road to the nearest town was repaired. There were over 50,000 workers in the area restoring services. Even my insurance adjuster traveled from Texas to South Carolina.

With all that, I haven't felt much like reading stories that are filled with angst, so I haven't commented as much as usual.

Another issue is, where are the writers? There are quite a few stories that are incomplete, and have been for weeks or months. My incentive to comment goes down when a story seems abandoned. I must admit that two of my stories I thought were complete when I posted, needed additional chapters so I've been there.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly