Another issue is, where are the writers? There are quite a few stories that are incomplete, and have been for weeks or months. My incentive to comment goes down when a story seems abandoned. I must admit that two of my stories I thought were complete when I posted, needed additional chapters so I've been there.

Many writers have abandoned their stories because of little or no feedback. People do not continue writing if the audience is silent. Many writers put in hours of research and editing to present a story that FoLCs would love to read.

On the other hand, some writers fall in love with a story and then the muse takes off, hence the fic is abandoned which is a real shame.

Those are just two of my theories. But to all of you who are reading my words, it would be amazing if occasionally a line or two about the story was dropped into the FDK folder. As someone once said, 'comments equal love'.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.