Terry,

I am so sorry. I can't even begin to fathom the pain you and your whole family must have endured. As challenging as living with my son can be at times, living without him in the way you have to live without your eldest would be infinitely worst.

Thank you for your kind words. I am no hero, though... just a survivor. Had I chosen to adopt my son with full knowledge of his special needs, I would have been a hero; but my son is biologically my own child. I didn't volunteer for the lifestyle I live. (I had realized, of course, that with motherhood would come changes, but I never dreamt of what they would prove to be.) I'm just trying to make the best of the situation I am in, or, to bring this back to L&C, I'm just trying to be the "best blind man I can be." My son needs that from me; he's down one parent, so he needs his remaining one to step up her game.

In any event, I hadn't meant my post to be a downer. I had only detailed my situation as a way to illustrate that not everyone is in an emotional space where they can appreciate angsty stories.

Thank you for your prayers on our behalf; they are much appreciated. It is only by God's grace that I have developed the strength and patience necessary to grow into the mother that my son needs me to be.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., Your wife is blessed that you chose to stay.