I think maybe I should try to make more time to watch Lois & Clark, read fanfiction, give comments on some stories, and eventually write and publish my own fics. I really appreciate the fact that this fandom exists and that people are still contributing to it. An unfortunate fact is that, when there doesn't seem to be much activity, I feel less incentive to come here, meaning the lack of activity just perpetuates even more. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for others.

I notice a lot of the discussion is centered around getting existing members to contribute more, but as far as getting "new blood" goes, I think there are a few things that could be done. For one, the structure of posting fanfiction here isn't immediately intuitive. The idea of posting each chapter as a separate topic and then having a separate feedback topic for each chapter comes across as strange at first. To this day, I don't exactly understand why you can't just post feedback as a reply to the chapter, though I'm sure there are reasons. The norm on message boards is being able to reply to a topic with your thoughts, after all. I'm just trying to give the perspective of someone who's still a newcomer. You could also consider doing such things such as making the site mobile-friendly (I would REALLY like this, personally) or even just making it look a little nicer. Just little things, for sure, but the point is trying to "put your best foot forward". Trying to get rid of little reasons why a lurker or potentially interested party might lose interest, even if they might not be a big deal overall.

I know with a fandom on a niche interest in an old TV show such as this there's not going to be a huge influx of new people, but I'm sure there's always going to be a few (such as me).