WOW. shock

Completely bowled over by to sheer amount of feedback my comment has garnered. I think if writers received half this much FDK this msbs would be hopping! party

We all are facing many challenges as to why we are not writing either stories or comments all of them make a lot of sense:

Cuidadora

My county was hit hard by Hurricane Matthew in October.

MikeM, and others (myself included)

I like Cuidadora don't care much for the high angst stuff that seems to be the norm these days

Darth Michael

I'm having the boards as my start page in the browser, so I'm here daily but due to an odd intersection of RL and time.

Right there with you Michael! Since I joined the msbs in April, 2010 time has always been an issue, between work, family, knitting and just plain running around the only time I can write is between the hours of 3:30 and 5:30 in the morning. After that, it time to hit the gym, walk the dog and get ready for work. It is one of the reasons why there are so few stories from me and why from conception to posting it takes at least a year.

Think I'm kidding? Ask UltraWoman, KenJ or MikeM they can tell you how long it takes to receive a chapter!

Commenting, on the other hand is much easier. Its pleasurable to tell an author how well he or she's story is! I can remember the first time seeing Anti-Kryptonite's story A Father's Kryptonite or Deadly Chakram's amazing Contractually Bound. Both stories are on my hard drive and many is the time when in an airport I have turned to read them. They just keep getting better each time! KenJ's Matchmaker series still makes me smile.

Writing feedback for these stories and countless others has been a joy. I hope to read more in the future.

I prefer getting both negative and positive feedback, as long as it is not harsh criticism for its own sake. I have experienced that in the past and it is not a picnic. It is sad that some writers on other websites have been so overwhelmed by something like that that they give up entirely. This is unfortunate, because they are ignoring a precious talent and we as readers lose out on a wonderful reading experience.

All in all it has been a joy working with FoLC's and after a brief hiatus I'm looking forward to seeing more imaginative and fun stories about our favorite reporting duo!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.