Originally Posted by Millefeuilles
But, please, don't spare me because I'm not a native English speaker!
I would have had no idea that you weren't a native speaker if you hadn't mentioned it. Kudos. I only speak one and a half languages, and that half is being generous. I studied Spanish in school, but I haven't practiced in years, and I can barely speak it. I certainly couldn't write a coherent story in Spanish. Maybe if it was all about going to the library and eating dinner...

Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
1) Welcome back!
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Hi Mrs. Mxy.,
Welcome back. Good to see you here again. smile
Thanks! It's good to be back! smile I love how welcoming and friendly everyone is here.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
FWIW, I love getting feedback on old stories; it's great to know that they are still being read. Even a short bit of feedback such as "Well done" will bring a smile (oft much-needed these days) to my face. I, too, appreciate constructive criticism; it gives me the opportunity to learn to improve my writing.
But what about constructive criticism on old stories? Is it useful if the writer isn't working on it anymore and has no intention of, for example, correcting a punctuation mistake?

Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
I hope none of my older stories were ones you hated. If so let me know frown
I fear that I've given the impression that all the stories I haven't commented on are ones I hated. And I feel like "hated" is a strong word. Here, if I don't like a story, it's usually more that the story just isn't my style. If you like, I can go back and see which of your stories I read recently and give a thumbsup or frown .

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)