I also dropped off in both reading and writing this past December, mostly due to getting completely steamrolled by work-related stuff. (Also, having to rely on my phone for internet when it no longer connects to my computer doesn't help.)

I'm also a bit guilty of posting incomplete fics and then having everyone suffer when my muse suddenly hits a wall. I'm sorry. FDK can certainly grease the wheels, but sometimes the only real solution is better outlining beforehand. frown. (Note: Lois Lane's Travels isn't dead, just...camatose.)

I also welcome criticism, as long as it's more useful than "LOL U Suk". wink It can hurt a bit, but silence is worse, because silence means apathy and no readers: I failed to hold the audience, and without FDK, I can't figure out why.

ETA: If I may ramble a bit, years before I became a folc, I belonged to a Batman fan-site called GothamCityUSA. One of my fondest memories is of some critiquing I got for my first entry into a CYOA fanfic contest: It was awful, everything happened randomly, there was no plot and no point. I took this information to heart, making "plot" and "point" my watchwords for my next submission. The result? That second submission won "Hands Down" and now there's a used-in-production animation cell hanging on my wall. cool

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 01/11/17 05:04 PM.

~•~