Lara - No kicks upside the head from me, but something to consider... If the solution for Ann is to stop reading deathfics (which I think is a good one), then perhaps the solution for you and others is to stop reading these threads. We're here for entertainment. There's no obligation to read everything. If you don't like it... ignore it. It can't affect you if you don't choose to read it.

Moving on to my turn to get kicked upside the head (with, perhaps, more justification)...

Ann, who has said "TOGOM = Lois deathfic"? Can you show me that? Can you post a quote or two where someone makes the point that a TOGOM fic is exactly the same as a Lois deathfic?

My memory isn't so good, and it's been a while, and, to be honest, the issue isn't as important to me as it clearly is to you. So maybe I'm wrong here. But it seems to me that you're just about the only one who cares about this balance, who is trying to equate one type of story with another. (Actually, I think a lot of authors would be insulted by an attempt to judge the relative value or weight of one of their stories.)

It seems to me that you're so stuck on your point (which I understand is a critical one to you) that you've missed the fact that it's not a point that's really relevant to the rest of us. We're not concerned with the balance. We don't care if one kind of story is "equal" to another. We simply don't think in those terms.

You've gone to all this trouble to tell us that TOGOM isn't the same as a Lois deathfic, but you've missed the key thing... We know that. It's just not a distinction that concerns us.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.