Sara, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to criticize your story in any way. Please believe that I didn't.

The thing is that I haven't been able to fully let go of the previous Lois deathfic debate (which I initiated, I know), and in that thread, it was again suggested that Lois deathfics are pretty much the same as the TOGOMs. I just felt so helpless when people didn't seem able to understand my objections to that suggestion.

So, yesterday, the story of the woman and her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren just popped into my head, and I felt that this, finally, explains why TOGOMS are not the same as Lois deathfics. I just felt that if this little story doesn't prove my point, nothing will.

But please, please Sara, believe me when I say that this thread has nothing to do with your story. The reason why I brought up your lovely little vignette at all is that I just needed to say, in all fairness, that the latest deathfic posted on these boards was not a Lois deathfic. (But I can't imagine that anyone would ever compare your fic with a TOGOM story.)

Ann