But consider that anti-deathfic threads are just that, anti-deathfic, and by definition, are opposed to this genre, thus the goal must be to discourage further posts of fic that falls into this genre. I would have thought this was obvious.
Julie, I'm not certain the one logically follows the other. All such a post does is say what a person thinks about deathfic - who knows what that person's motivation is in posting? Just as we can't assume what a writer's motivation is when s/he writes a fic about a particular subject. So, no I don't see that the connection is obvious.

Hassini rightly reminds us that Ann was writing about TOGOM fics, rather than deathfic.

When you purposely chuff up the embers of a fire, you must expect to get singed a little.
Bt the time I read this thread this morning it had veered away from the TOGOM topic. Because I read it all at once, I was struck by the amount of negativity that ran through. (not all from all posters, I should make clear.) That's why I posted my plea for tolerance.

By 'chuffing the embers' I take it you mean I've posted too much.
My goal was not to chuff embers. So no, it wasn't done "purposely" at all but instead to make a point about the acceptance of the right for people to express a range of ideas without having them written off as 'rants' and even worse.

In that I've failed.

Over-sensitive? I don't know. Who ever does know that sort of thing? Was Sara over-sensitive when she posted? I can't know that for certain, either - but I was dismayed by how upset she was.

In other words, you can't impose your belief on others in this way. You can state it, but you can't impose it, and you surely can't demean the views of others.
Ann, included "In my opinion" in her statement, so beats me how that is 'imposing her belief on others or that she was demeaning the beliefs of others'.

Anyway, I take your hint, Hassini - I'd better stop posting.

c.