For the record, I wasn't trying to attack anybody when I started this thread. I wasn't attacking any particular person or story, and I wasn't attacking the genre of TOGOMs. (I love TOGOMs, as a matter of fact.) I wasn't, per se, attacking deathfics. I wasn't trying to prevent anyone from posting stories.

I wanted to make the point, to the best of my ability, that TOGOMs are not deathfics and should not be compared with deathfics. Because when these two genres are described as fairly equal, then, in my opinion, the idea of the real, actual death of a character, even a fictional character, is belittled.

Oh, and by the way, Paul...

First off... most writers I know write the stories that come to them. It's not a matter of keeping some sort of cosmic balance between stories of Type A and stories of Type B or deaths of Character A and deaths of Character B.
My little fic came to me and demanded to be told. That's what happened. Of course the sudden popping up of it in my head has a lot to do with the fact that I have spent a good deal of time thinking about deathfics and how deathfics are received, but for all of that, the story just came to me.

Ann