I know I said I had taken Hasini's hint, but Labrat, your post hurts. I felt that Hasini had insulted me by saying that I was "purposely chuffing the embers".
<sigh>

Hasini can correct me if I've misunderstood her point, but to me that comment wasn't even aimed at you, Carol. I interpreted it as being Ann who 'chuffed the embers'. Which is, imo, an entirely fair comment considering that Ann began her post with 'I probably shouldn't post this, but...' Which seems to me a clear indication that she knew when she started the thread that she was embarking on yet another contentious discussion about a subject that she knows is going to provoke people.

That's her right, but - as Hasini points out - neither she nor you can then expect to not provoke a predictable response or complain when it occurs. There have been enough threads on this one over the years for it to be no surprise whatsoever as to what that response will be.

Secondly, that you have been hurt by a post of mine which had no other intention than to praise this community for its tolerance and positive spirit, simply makes me agree with Hasini that you seem to be somewhat over-sensitive on this subject. So perhaps it is a good time for you to call a halt and you're correct about that decision. For your own wellbeing, if nothing else. If it's reached the stage where you're finding insult in such a general post, then something's gone wrong somewhere, I think, and you have to ask yourself if it's worth staying in the discussion and getting yourself upset to this extent. frown

Anyway, this is my last post on this one.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers