Alcyone, thanks so much for posting for me. This DNS error schtick is getting so old. grumble

*reads thread and goes slightly cross-eyed* Nope, am not going to step into this quagmire.

But you still wouldn't grieve for a living child as if he or she was dead, I'm sure.
Why on earth would I grieve for a living child at all? confused

And it wouldn't be the same thing for Clark to lose Lois for the rest of his life as it would be for Lois get Clark back safe and sound after she had believed that he was dead.
Well, not for us readers, because we already know he's not dead. That's what I meant when I said TOGOM doesn't pack the same emotional wallop as deathfics do. WE know it's a false death and that the people who grieve now will not be mourning much longer. But the characters' grief is as real to them as an actual death. If you're talking from Lois' POV, well then how on earth would she know her partner wasn't really dead?

Maybe it's just my state of befuddled morning pre-caffeination. dizzy

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.