Ann said:

So please don't tell her to stop posting in other threads as well!!!
This is a chronic misreading of Labrat's post that attributes a harshness I did not see present. Labrat simply paraphrased something right out of "The Peacekeeping Mission of Debate,
Discussion & Critique in a Public Forum"...

and I quote:

HURT FEELINGS are bound to happen from time to time. Some people have thicker skin than others, and some people are offended by phrases as simple as: "I completely disagree with that." So how do we decide what's 'fair' and what isn't?

First of all, a DEBATE ISSUE stands on its own. Even if it is YOUR idea, the fact that someone or a group of someone(s) may disagree with your IDEA does NOT mean that these persons are disagreeing with your right to exist on the planet.

Try to take each comment with a grain of salt. People's points of view are fallible, and by no means are they able to set you on the course of the rest of your life without your very participatory consent. By that we mean, YOU decide what gets to you personally and what doesn't. And no one can (or will) protect you from dissenting points of view. These are a part of life and a lively part of any public discussion forum.

Generally speaking, if you KNOW you are easily hurt (and you should know that about yourself, if you're honest), then the best course of action is to AVOID DEBATE and request as little critical feedback on your creative work as you feel you will be able to accept. You may also opt to only request positive feedback.
Found in Critiquing L&C Fanfic

To go back to Ann's post:

But I know that Carol is deeply hurt when she is attacked personally. I know that she takes it particularly hard when people tell her that she is just plain wrong or that she might as well stop posting.
The implication in the statement above is that Labrat has personally attacked Carol, given the ordering of the sentences (thesis followed by support) and the final plea.

Ann's insinuation is extremely (and dare I add, outrageously) inconsistent with what we know of Labrat as an active participant of this forum.

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png