I say this gently because I love Paul. smile

when you're actively trying to prevent people from posting stories of that type, .
That's a serious charge - how do we ever know what a person's motivation is? It could, of course be that explanation, but it could, instead, be to raise a question, to discuss and explore the topic with others, or it could be as simple as just wanting to express our own thoughts and feelings or....

when you create a hostile atmosphere which could well make authors hesitate before posting their work... Well, personally... I think that crosses the line.
I would agree with that - I've been told by a three or four people in private e-mails that they will not ever read any story I write. That's been pretty daunting. I posted a story in the fanfic folder a couple of weeks ago and i can tell you I was really scared. As well, I've been dissuaded from posting fdk in the fic thread. So I understand what you mean, here, Paul.

Can we take it as read that you don't like this type of story, but that most of us disagree with your reasons?
That's a bit of a dismissal, perhaps. Strongly put too. frown

I'm less certain about forbidding a discussion on genres. That would mean no discussion of kid-fics, or NK fics, etc.

Free speech has limits, although where those limits should be is hugely debatable. smile All I'm suggesting is we try to be careful in the use of our language as we comment on other people's ideas, as careful as we are when we comment on fics or videos.

Btw, why have there been so few explorations of "Don't Tug" compared to TGOM, I wonder?

One of the few deathfcis I actually liked btw, is Paul's "The Cape of Good Hope". smile
(quickly adding that this doesn't mean that everyone ought to like only a few deathfcis and/or that one of them should be Paul's laugh

c.