Okay, so she did know. The fury at him made sense; he had even anticipated it. He swallowed, trying to choose his next words carefully.
Translation: He’s trying to come up with a convincing lie.

Now, you ask me to marry you without giving me the common courtesy of first telling me who you really are. Why should I believe you love me now?”
/hands Clark a body-length mirror he can hold up in Lois’s face/

She thought of him, of Superman, as a liar and she had made a good case. He didn’t want to grovel. Either she wanted him or she didn’t.
So, he’s never heard about the ‘kidnap her to a lonesome island in the Pacific until she’s come around to his side of the bed’ angle?

Clark cleared his throat, before admitting, “I didn’t tell you because we thought you might be too close to him, Lois.”
Didn’t want to spill the beans to Lex’s newest main squeeze, huh?

“But Clark – and I am calling you this, because I really don’t have a proper name to call you –
/supplies list of choice words/

The problem was that her facts were all correct.
So, ‘I’m sorry isn’t too far up on his idea list’? Or ‘you were right, I was wrong’?

“There is not a way you could have possibly phrased a proposal today, where I would have accepted it,” Lois went on.
help

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.