“Let’s get through that section of the park. It will open up into a large field. On the other side of the field are the backgammon and chess boards. We can talk more privately there.”
2 minutes later

Lois:How was I supposed to know the North Metropolis High School chess team would be playing games and the Central Atlantic Backgammon championship would be both happening here this morning?

Clark nodded absently in agreement. He tried to buck himself up by thinking, ‘At least, she didn’t say ‘yes’. Then again,’ his brain had instantly responded. ‘She didn’t say ‘no’ either.’
wallbash he needs to remember that it was to him she mentioned a desire to be handcuffed, not to Lex.

Clark:But many women marry a man other than who they love.

Reader:Do you really think Lois would do such.

Clark:Well, no, but I also didn't think Lois would be so quick to run off because of some expensive peace of jewelry, and I didn't think she would abandon her date at the magic of the night ball. But she did those things.

As they walked, Lois’s anxiety turned to nervous chatter. “Do you think I expected this? I didn’t. This was the last thing I expected from him.
He really should stop and ask for clarification.

make me regret that decision more than I already do, Lois,” Clark mumbled.
frown

It's never wrong to save someone’s life, Clark,”
wallbash she isn't listening at all.

she reassured him with a pat of his arm. “It’ll turn out all right in the end.”
Clark:So, you think it will be right if you are married to Luthor?

Clark was having difficulty believing her.
He really should ask more questions.

“So, this is why I called you,” Lois said as they neared the game tables. “I need your help, your unbiased advice, Clark.
wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash How does she even think her boyfriend can give her unbiased advice on this. It makes no sense.

John Pack Lambert