“The jerk proposed!” she announced.
And she crushed his heart. She claims to be doing this for him, but I think it is mainly motivated by her own selfishness.

“How could you?” she growled. “Clark said you gave him the story because I’m dating Lex. Why didn’t you trust me?”
Perry:I have on multiple occasions said I do not want employees with conflicts of interest.

“Honey, I didn’t know of any investigation because you didn’t inform me. In fact, I thought you had dropped it, because I never received that interview you promised me after the White Orchid Ball,”
He has a really, really, really good point. So good, I think Lois should just apologize for being so rude.

“And you shouldn’t expect those closest to you to read your mind,” he said. “If you keep us out of your loop, how are we to know what you’re doing?”
smile1 finally someone is speaking sense to her.

Lois looked up to the ceiling. “Both of you know I’m dating Clark! As if I would ever choose Lex over him.”
Perry:How do we know that? The only dates we see you go on are with Luthor.

“I told him to trust me!” she shouted, crossing her arms in a huff.
Perry:And then you flung yourself at a richer, more powerful man. What is he supposed to think?

She shrugged demurely. “Clark wasn’t serious.”
Lois, you are blind.

“Clark only proposed to give me a way out.
Perry:And you don't think he would take you to Vegas and marry you this afternoon if you were willing. Lois, that boy wants you in the worst way possible, of course he would do that.

He didn’t even listen to me when I tried to explain why I’ve been meeting with Lex.
She really could have been more forceful in trying to explain.

How many times did Lois have to tell Clark that she loved him before it sunk in?
Actions speak louder than words, and when her actions are dating Luthor, well.

How often had she kissed him at work over the last month,
Not nearly enough.

breaking her cover and risking Lex’s spy, whoever that might be, catching them?
People don't feel right about secret relationships, they want to let things be open in the light. If Clark was ok with secret relationships, they could have been making love all last summer. He hates secrecy, and wants to be open about his relationship with Lois.

She had thought that Clark understood that she was putting her life, her wants, and her desires on hold for him,
How, she never said such. She said that she was confused by kissing Superman. She said it was to protect her. She manipulated him into not going public by saying if they did she would be in danger. She never said anything about protecting him.

to find out who attacked him.
By making her not bait she was presenting this as a way to not meet the attacker.

She had told him she was going undercover as someone who wasn’t dating him,
Actually, she never made this very clear.

How much more clear did she have to get?
Well, it would really have helped if she told him what she was really doing.

She knew more about presidential candidates than the two men who proposed marriage to her.
But she did know that Clark was Superman.

“And if Lex was willing to break the law to spy on me, why wouldn’t he willing to murder my best friend,
I think that should be "he be willing to".

“By accepting his proposal,” Lois replied, heading towards the door of his office.
wallbash she is really crazy.

John Pack Lambert