-- Continuation of response to John's FDK --
And she crushed his heart. She claims to be doing this for him, but I think it is mainly motivated by her own selfishness.
Partly to prove something to herself, partly to save Clark. And she didn't come out of that scene in the park unscathed either. She realized how much the man she had put most of her trust into, didn't trust her at all.

Perry:I have on multiple occasions said I do not want employees with conflicts of interest.
Yes, Perry has mentioned this before.

He has a really, really, really good point. So good, I think Lois should just apologize for being so rude.
PERRY: /scoffs/ That will be the day.

Perry:How do we know that? The only dates we see you go on are with Luthor.
LOIS: Not 'dating' as in 'date', 'dating' as in 'in love'.

Perry:And then you flung yourself at a richer, more powerful man. What is he supposed to think?
LOIS: That she must have a darn good reason for it.

Perry:And you don't think he would take you to Vegas and marry you this afternoon if you were willing. Lois, that boy wants you in the worst way possible, of course he would do that.
Again, this is about what Clark wants, not what Lois wants.

How often had she kissed him at work over the last month,
JOHN: Not nearly enough.
CLARK: Ditto what John said.

People don't feel right about secret relationships, they want to let things be open in the light. If Clark was ok with secret relationships, they could have been making love all last summer. He hates secrecy, and wants to be open about his relationship with Lois.
Yeah, well, Lois's idea of love and relationships is a bit screwed up. If you remember, she was willing to date SM last summer in disguise.

She had thought that Clark understood that she was putting her life, her wants, and her desires on hold for him,
JOHN: How, she never said such. She said that she was confused by kissing Superman. She said it was to protect her. She manipulated him into not going public by saying if they did she would be in danger. She never said anything about protecting him.
Some people who fly in this story have eidetic memories. Everyone else's memories are a bit more fuzzy.

Well, it would really have helped if she told him what she was really doing.
True.

But she did know that Clark was Superman.
LOIS: Clearly, that is merely a minor detail. mad Not nearly important enough to share with the woman he loves enough to propose to!

I think that should be "he be willing to".
Fixed. Thanks.

[so frustrated] she is really crazy.
But this story wouldn't be as much fun if she wasn't.
ARI: Open up the new ward! We've got a patient coming in!

Actually, I have to say that this is no worse that in canon, and probably it is better than what happened in canon.
wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.