Lois is an idiot. Sure, Clark needs to just tell her his real background, and that would alleviate some of their problems, but most of their problems stem from her not telling him anything and expecting him to read her mind. How is he supposed to know that she actually loves him? He can't just go by her telling him, "I love you; trust me." He has to go by her actions. She claimed that she didn't want to be seen dating Clark, and she dates Luthor and wears expensive gifts from him. And now she's considering accepting his proposal. She can't expect Clark to know that she's going undercover "for his own good" because she never gave him any indication of it. She's not giving Clark her reasons why she would accept Luthor's proposal, either. All she's doing is saying that she knows how she feels about him, not what those feelings are. She should have started off by saying, "I've been dating Lex to get him to trust me because I'm investigating him, and I've gotten in over my head. He asked me to marry him, and I'm considering it because I think I can get more information out of him if I play the fiancee for a while, but of course I'd never actually marry the creep."

Her conversation with Perry is particularly telling. Perry is pretty sensible, but he's lost all influence over her. Lois is just off in her own little world where she thinks everything she does is a sacrifice for the greater good and she's such a martyr who is going to single-handedly save everyone. She's in over her head, and she's too full of herself to acknowledge it. She claims that Clark stole her story. How can he possibly have stolen her story when her boss didn't know she was working on it? And how hypocritical is she to be upset at Clark for investigating Luthor without telling her?

And how can she legitimately get upset at Clark for not telling her that he's Superman when she knows that he tried to tell her several times, but she stopped him and told him not to?

Sure, Clark has made a mistake here and there, but it seems that everything Lois does makes things worse for herself and everyone around her. It would serve her right if she ends up walking down the aisle to Lex. She's making her bed; she's going to have to sleep in it. Superman can't save her from everything.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)