Canon Lois told canon Clark that she knew in a park. It's symbolic.
But canon Lois was not trying to hide from a psychopathic murderer.

She's asking him to think about what she's saying as her "partner" not her "boyfriend". Another reason why dating at work isn't a good idea.
Acutally, normally asking Clark to think in these two different phases would work. If she was just dating her work partner things would not be so bad. But when she decides to faux-date her main focus of investigation, she has created too large a mess for anyone to handle.

Her brain says this will be the only opportunity to get within the 'belly of the beast' and get close to Lex. Her heart wants to stop this investigation and be close to Clark. Those are the two part warring inside of her. Her career goals and her heart.
It makes sense when you explain it, but I still don't see it really flowing from what she actually said, and there is no way that Clark will ever get that from what she said. Not even if Cat can convince him that Lois is just under cover will that follow from what Lois said.

How about "Tell me you'll still love me, even if I go ahead with this undercover sting against Lex?"
Well, since she has not said anything about undercover or sting, it is really hard for Clark to get that at all.

John Pack Lambert