If you want to get married so badly, why not choose me?”
hyper he loves her.

As Lois closed her eyes for a count of ten, that muscle in her jaw tensed. She opened her eyes, pulled him off his knee, and drew him onto the bench beside her. “No, Clark, you don’t,”
frown this is horrible.

she said, her voice sounding rough. He could see the sparkle of unshed tears in her eyes.
Clark you failed.

“A man doesn’t tell the woman he loves that the only reason he’s proposing is so that she doesn’t make the ‘biggest mistake of her life’ by marrying someone else.”
He really should point out that that was not his only reason, just the catalyst to act now.

She stood up, and Clark recognized the anger coursing through her as she began to pace. “A man cannot claim to love a woman when all he has ever done is lie to her.”
That is not fair. To confuse acting undercover with lying is just not fair.

“That’s not true,” he sputtered, getting to his feet in the need to defend his integrity. “I don’t lie to you.”
wallbash Clark, just stop making it worse.

“Or whoever you really are? First off, Clark Kent isn’t your real name.
wallbash this is so horrible.

I have no idea what your real name is,
That is because you Lois have been too focused on Luthor, and not the man who really matters.

but you and I sure as hell know you weren’t born Clark Jerome Kent from Smallville, Kansas.
But that is how I was raised. It is just as real as any other child adopted nearly at birth's name.

How could he explain to her that Clark Kent was his name?
Just tell her Clark.

He just wasn’t the Clark Kent from this dimension, but he had no proof of that.
Start by explaining it. Maybe then she will believe.

“Okay, so maybe I’m not the son of the Martha and Jonathan Kent you met when we went to Smallville, but I might as well be. I care for them as much as I did my own folks.
This is still a horrible way to explain things. It only says "they are like my parents" to those who know the truth. To Lois, it is empty platitudes, because this is the man who saved Luthor.

That person who you work with, talk to, and joke with, that is truly who I am. That is the real me.”
frown that Lois does not believe this.

John Pack Lambert