Why do you think it is more satisfying and rewarding to kill Lois than to kill Clark?
I don't know that we can assume that. Though you have to admit, within their universe, her death is a lot more plausible than his. frown We can kill Superman, but it takes a lot of work, as any number of villains have found out to their peril wink That's just the nature of the characters. Lois is more vulnerable, in the ordinary run of things.

That said... have you seen the hundreds of TOGOM rewrites on the archive? goofy I'd say writers positively relish Clark's death -- or at any rate, the effect that the news of his death has on Lois. Okay, so those probably don't count as "deathfic" since it's all faked, but... still. If we can't say writers want to kill Clark, I think we can certainly say a lot of them want to make Lois think that he's dead. smile

I'd venture to guess that the vast majority of us here want happy endings a lot of the time, where *neither* Lois nor Clark is dead at the end. Even if some people like spicy sausage for breakfast and others hate it, they can all still have strong cravings for pancakes with syrup wink

If that makes any sense! goofy I think I must be hungry...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K