I think Ann may have a bit of a point in her concern about Lois as endangered in the larger world of the Superman mythos.

Certainly the makers of Smallville have written her out of the mythos in any any meaningful way, and thus, for many kids who have never read the comics or who can't relate to the Reeves movies, it's all about Lana.

And who knows how the new Superman film will treat Lois Lane?

Like all corporations, DC has publicists and market research people who explore questions like this as they plan future issues. This question about Lois, I gather from some of the interviews, does come up. So, If FoLCs, who are theoretically fans of Lois Lane as well as of Clark Kent, are quite comfortable marginalizing, and even killing Lois, then it's logical for DC to conclude they can do so too without much fuss.

If we don't care about the character, then who does?

Although many Folcs may not care at all about how the comics and movies go, I guess i do because it's all connected in some larger way, which I find hard to explain, to my feeling about the importance of both the character of Lois Lane and the relationship between her and Clark Kent. Guess I don't compartmentalize things too well smile - I tend to see everything as intertwined.

Nevertheless, that said, the issue of deathfic is clearly a lot more complex than just this one aspect.

c.