LabRat, about a year ago you said this about deathfic:
It's been so long since we've had a deathfic submitted (as far as I can recall, before anyone feels the desperate urge to leap in and tell me we had one last week wink ) that I can't remember if Kathy or I ever issued a specific policy on them.
That was a year ago. I believe that since last December, there have been four deathfics, three of them Lois deathfics. There was one Tank ending, where Lois died and Clark didn't, and we don't know if that story will ever have another ending. Then there was, of course, Catherine's story. There has also been a story where Lois died in an accident, and neither Clark nor their children grieved too much over her death. The last story certainly resurrected Lois, but it left me with the strong feeling that Lois wasn't regarded as an important character, and that it would have been an inconvenience rather than a tragedy if she had remained dead.

There has also been one Clark deathfic, where Clark died of old age, hence of entirely natural causes. Alternatively, it may be seen as a story where Clark died because he had selflessly sacrificed a large part of his life to save Jimmy.

So we are talking about three stories since December where Lois is murdered, executed or killed by accident. In the last one she is resurrected but isn't treated as an important character. In the same time period we have one story where Clark has died of old age, and the whole story is a tribute to him.

I'm not too interested in how many deathfics there are in the Archive, by the way, though I may check one day. I'm much, much more interested in recent trends. For now, it seems to me that deathfics are definitely gaining popularity here and that the character to off is Lois.

Ann