Originally posted by KathyM:
[QUOTE]Catherine, I don't presume to speak for Sheila, but I don't think she meant to belittle or cheapen your story in any way. I assume she was giving an example of how a story with this premise could be altered slightly so that it would be more - for lack of a better word - comfortable for her to read. That doesn't imply in any way that it would make it a *better* story, but simply that she could read it without being jolted out of her "comfort zone".
Eek! I didn't mean to imply that exactly. =D It was also me telling myself not to write a sequel, because I had been entertaining that notion myself. Even though what I said is true, there's a part of me bopping me upside the head screaming 'She can't be dead, she can't be!!' In a way, I wrote a little outside my own comfort zone, but the story wouldn't allow for any less, by golly! (And I admit to having typed that up while still on the ending flare of my previous topics.)

And I understand about the kiss thing... it makes me squirrely as well.

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*