83) Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel I’m not a fan of historical fiction as my usual reading is history in general, but this I thoroughly enjoyed as a look into the opulent and brutal world of Henry VIII’s court and the rise of its central character Thomas Cromwell. I often don’t say this about books that win major literary prizes (especially since I was put off reading Hemingway’s books for years after reading The Old Man and Sea not understanding how it contributed to his being awarded the Nobel for literature until I finally decided to read A Farewell to Arms and For Whom the Bell Tolls), but this I found to be page turner right from the beginning.

84) Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel the sequel to Wolf Hall and as usual with sequels I tend to find the second book a little difficult to really absorb myself. More often than not I force myself to finish. In the end though I did end up enjoying it as the pace picked up towards the end

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 12/13/20 03:29 AM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller