41: The Year of the Flu: A World War I Medical Thriller by Millys Altman. The Spanish flu fictionalized and from the viewpoint of a fresh out of medical school doctor in a coal mining town.

42: The 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic: The History and Legacy of the World's Deadliest Influenza Outbreak by Charles River Editors. This one and #41 were chosen because I am not surprisingly frustrated with the current circumstances. People keep bringing up the Spanish flu, so I thought doing some research into it would be useful. They helped. This was more documentary style and featured a collection of letters written by people living through the ordeal.

43: Her Three Suitors by Aneka Walker. I did not realize this was a sort of retelling of Goldilocks and the Three Bears until I read some other reviews after I finished reading. I still don't really see it, its a flimsy connection at best. I did enjoy the story of a girl whose parents set up a house party for her and three suitors, during which she begins to believe that she is not who her parents claim she is.

44: The Matrimonial Advertisement by Mimi Matthews. I really enjoyed this one despite the changes I would have liked to see. A woman answers an ad placed by a man looking for a wife. It was going so great until closer to the end when the old miscommunication trope reared its ugly head. The rest of the story was exceedingly satisfying.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.