40) Alice’s Adventure in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll read this book years ago, but I thought I would pick it up again just for the sake of a little fantasy and escapism (and also because one of the doctors I work for we have nicknamed him after White Rabbit). Still as whimsical as it was when I first read it, but a whole lot of fun. It is also interesting to see what Disney took from both stories to combine them into his original Alice in Wonderland movie.

41) The Power of One by Bruce Courtenay Growing up is hard, but growing up in 1930s South Africa is even harder especially in a country that is divided by intense racism not only with the way that the white minority view the Africans, but also between the Boers and the English. The Power of One is told through the perspective of Peekay as he reflects back on his childhood and the people who shaped his perspective on life and race. While this book was first published in 1989, the issues highlighted are still as relevant today as they were then. A powerful and timely reminder that racism is something that is taught and not something inherent. Wonderful testament to the power of the human spirit.

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 06/14/20 08:16 PM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller