11) The Weaver's Daughter by Sarah E Ladd. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell meets Romeo and Juliet, with less death...

12) The Social Tutor by Sally Britton. I expected this one to be cheesy and silly, and while it had its moments, it was actually a good story. Christine, whose mother died when she was young, doesn't understand some things about society and enlists the help of her neighbor (who just returned from war to a failing estate) to learn the ways of society.

13) The Gentleman Physician by Sally Britton. In the previous book, Christine's sister, Julia, spends a good bit of time trying to get Christine to understand some things as well. In this book we learn why.

14) A Heart's Revolution by Roseanna M White. This is one of my favorite authors. For some reason, the library always has her books at another branch but I finally got my hands on this one. Lark Benton is betrothed and doesn't want to be. Lots of sub plots going on here, more than I would have liked, but interesting enough. White does a great job building tension and writing characters you can cheer for.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.