59) Wars of Blood and Faith: The Conflicts that will Shape the 21st Century by Ralph Peters I found this is a junk shop I frequent because I’ve found heaps of interesting books for cheap. I think when I saw the title I envisioned something much different to what was delivered. While the author made very interesting points in each of the essays he put forward, his political stance bothered me and his bias because of it was very evident.

60) Travels into Bokhara: A Voyage up the Indus to Lahore and a Journey to Cabool, Tartary & Persia by Alexander Burnes On the guise of just being a traveller, Burnes would be later known as one of the first British spies. His travels through Central Asia and Persia would become part of what Rudyard Kipling would later coin as ‘The Great Game’. Through his travels, the British Empire would become the most powerful in the world in the 19th century through which, the famed Koh-I-Noor diamond now part of the British Crown Jewels would be ‘acquired’

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller